Google BigQuery command line tool bq CLI new version v2.0.3

New Google BigQuery command line tool release. bq CLI v2.0.3

These are the new version major changes:

  • Better error messages and error handling, especially around OAuth problems and Terms of Service checks.
  • Added support ‘\t’ and ‘tab’ as values for the field_delimiter argument in load operations.
  • You can now specify a totally new schema when doing a ‘bq load’ with the –replace flag.
  • ‘bq wait’ with no arguments will now try to see if you have only one pending job, and if so, wait on that job.
  • Added support for displaying information about bytes processed in a query.
  • ‘bq ls’ now supports a -n operation to control how many results are returned.

In addition they’ve fixed all the known bugs in the bug tracker

http://code.google.com/p/google-bigquery-tools/issues/list

I attach the official post on Google BigQuery discuss.

Hi all,

I’ve just pushed a new version of the CLI to our git repo, and I’m in
the process of updating the downloads now. Major changes:

* Better error messages and error handling, especially around OAuth problems and Terms of Service checks.
* We now support ‘\t’ and ‘tab’ as values for the field_delimiter argument in load operations.
* You can now specify a totally new schema when doing a ‘bq load’ with the –replace flag.
* ‘bq wait’ with no arguments will now try to see if you have only one pending job, and if so, wait on that job.
* We added support for displaying information about bytes processed in a query.
* ‘bq ls’ now supports a -n operation to control how many results are returned.

In particular, this fixes all the known bugs in the bug tracker here: http://code.google.com/p/google-bigquery-tools/issues/list … and even better, I’ve made sure that new issues filed there will get forwarded to our team, so that bugs hopefully won’t stay open as long in the future. 🙂

Let us know if you have any trouble! Thanks!


 Google+